With the 2012 CES upon us in full force, Decide.com has released an iOS app (Android coming soon) to help you pick the right shiny new gadget for you.
Powered by more than 100 terabytes of historical data and the same team behind the airfare predictions at Farecast, the Decide App makes it fun and easy to decide on electronics. Leveraging proprietary algorithms and over eight billion price observations to deliver the most accurate, up-to-date recommendations, the Decide App helps consumers:
- Check prices and see the lowest prices online and nearby for hundreds of thousands of electronics products
- Get instant price and model predictions to see if they should BUY NOW or WAIT
- Set product alerts to be notified when prices drop
- Know if a new and improved version of a product is predicted or is already available
- Check product ratings and reviews from other shoppers
Sound pretty slick actually, and free too! Some examples of the info you'll find when you download?
- In the weeks following CES, prices on many popular CE products drop by 20% or more
- In the first quarter of 2010, about half of cameras and TVs and a third of all laptops experienced price drops of 10% or more
- In the first quarter of 2010, over fifteen percent of popular electronics such as cameras and TVs had price drops of 20% or more