Cthuhu was all set to plunge the world into insanity and destruction when his powers were sealed by a mysterious sorcerer. The only way for him to break the curse is to become a true hero. Save the world to destroy it!Sounds like fun. BoD has actually accumulated quite a bit of positive press in the time since it was released and Zeboyd seems to have a firm grasp on how to make a classic console flavored Role Player- add to that the fact that Cthulhu is only 240mspts (that's $3 for everyone in the real world) and you've got a nice little prospect here.
Features and more from the presser after the jump-
- An epic 6-10 hour journey of redemption, romance, and insanity!
- Classic 16-bit turn-based RPG style combined with the best of modern game design!
- 720p! Parallax scrolling! Backgrounds! Comic book style cutscenes!
- A unique insanity system lets you inflict insanity on your opponents for fun and profit!
- More accessible than ever before! 3 difficulty levels (Easy, Normal, Hard)! Save wherever you like! Collect 1-Ups to retry failed battles!
- Over 20 awesome songs!
- 7 playable characters! Over 20 multi-character unite techniques!
- 3 bonus game modes for increased replay value!
- All of the great features players know and love from Breath of Death
- VII: The Beginning have returned – fast-paced gameplay, combo system, random encounter limits, branching LV-Ups, and more!
Cthulhu Saves the World will be available early morning on December 30th for 240 Microsoft Points ($3 USD) in all countries where XBox Live Indie Games are supported.
Cthulhu Saves the World is a proud member of the Indie Games Winter Uprising. For more information, check out the official website at http://www.indiegames-uprising.com/