What you see above is the 4GB Kinect Bundle. It includes one of the new 4gig 360's (that will also go on sale all by themselves next month at the $199 price point), Kinect Adventures, and of course the Kinect unit itself. Pretty nice bundle deal- goes on sale this November the 4th for the price of $299 American.
Some more details about Kinect and the new 360 unit:
- The games will run $49.99ea
- Kinectimals, Kinect Sports, and Kinect Joyride will all be available at launch
- The stand-alone Kinect unit will retail for $149.99 and will include Kinect Adventures
- Both sku's (bundle and regular pack) launch on November 4th
- No Bundle deal right now featuring the new 250GB 360, only the 4GB
- The new console will have an expansion bay for a Hard Drive but there are no details on that right now *just a note on that- if you were to use a flash drive, then you really wouldn't need a hard drive anyway. You could easily make this have 20gigs of storage if you include the onboard 4GB's.
“Kinect truly is a revolutionary product,” he said. “We’re bringing controller-free entertainment into the living room. With one purchase, families get Kinect and the most complete and affordable way to have fun.” - Josh Hutto, director of product marketing for XboxBoy that doesn't do a lot for the whole motion controller/core gamer relationship does it?
“We know the core gamer will show (ed. - on the Kinect Tour), and we’ll be ready for them,” -Tom Geyer, Project Manager for the Kinect Experience TourThat's a little better, but still not great. I believe whole-heartedly that this is an amazing piece of technology, but the entire thing is just becoming waaay to 'casual' for my tastes. What I want to see is some innovative Kinect integration(optional of course) for something like Gears 3. That would sell me on it again, no doubt- Anyway, I felt it necessary to add that in. Read on for all the details on the Kinect launch